Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another Wrongful Death Crash in I-71 in Cincinnati

I-71 truck car accident
Another wrongful death was reported on 1-71 interstate 71 in Cincinnati. At about 3:30 AM a woman, Anna Gardner was traveling southbound in the northbound lane of interstate  71 and hit a semi tractor trailer truck head on.
Kevin Lane a passenger in the tractor trailer and Kenneth Cripps, the truck driver were transported to Bethesda Hospital with injuries.

It's so sad. And I'm left wondering how this lady was going the wrong way on the interstate. Condolences to everyone involved. There are some entrances that can be confusing if one is not watching carefully.

Legally this is not technically a wrongful death as the lady that died appeared to be at fault for traveling in the wrong direction. In fact this is the opposite of a wrongful death and if settlement can not be made with her insurance company an estate would have to be opened on her behalf.

A wrongful death claim occurs when someone is killed as a result of the fault of another. An estate has to be opened on behalf of the beneficiaries to purse compensation against the one who caused the death.

But in this case the truck driver and the passenger appear to have been negligently injured by the deceased driver. Since the driver is deceased, if the claim can not be settled with her insurance company an estate would have to be opened so the injured parties could have a legal entity to pursue.



5 comments:

  1. I am little bit scared after seen this accident snap, and be careful about it.
    One of the biggest issues facing the trucking industry right now is sleep regulation. Many drivers work long shifts of days, greatly diminishing their ability to react to changes in the flow of traffic. And it's result seen as a fatal truck accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into a truck accident in Michigan while driving a semi-truck. I had a Georgia address though. I didn't receive a citation. I no longer drive for the company. I applied for a non driving job in Georgia. They are checking my mvr. What will show up?
    thanks:
    Extendable Trailers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last month i got injured and i was not getting medical claim. I hired a personal injury lawyer and he helped me lot to get me fair amount of compensation for my injuries.I am really happy to see that how effectively Personal Injury Lawyers Chicago turns the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sad. I hope everyone has moved on already, especially the close kin of those involved in the casualty, from this terrible accident. Did everyone involved file their claim for the accident? Please post some updates. Thanks.

    Amy Baron

    ReplyDelete
  5. However, unlike personal injury cases, here the compensation is paid to the dependants of the killed person. Any form of personal injury accident including automobile accident, slip and fall, work place accident, medical negligence and other such incidents can be the reason of accidental death. wrongful death attorney phoenix

    ReplyDelete